Sunday, August 31, 2008

E-Books and Overdrive

The most exciting section of Web2.0 to date. I wonder how Yarra Plenty Regional Library became involved with Brisbane City Council Library Services in a Download Collection of books. The idea of Overdrive Downloadable Media is new to me and I can't get involved with it soon enough. My experience of audio books is limited to overnight recordings on ABC local radio. The prospect of downloading books, music and videos is fantastic and the Digital Media Guided Tour provides help for the 'newest user'.


Reading aloud to my child was one of my favourite pastimes and relinquished with regret when he learned to read. The discovery at http://www.librivox.org/ promises to be an eventful one. LibriVox was established in 2005 and the website is up-to-date! It provides free audiobooks from the public domain and offers an opportunity to volunteer to record chapters of books in the public domain. Would I like to? What a silly question. I think I'm in overdrive. Another possibility for indulgence comes at http://www.bookmooch.com/ which offers the opportunity to exchange books over the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home